Since 1999, ZL Technologies has worked to help companies manage and control their data. Located in Silicon Valley, ZL provides a fully scalable information governance and analytics solution to Fortune 500 companies across the globe.
Think you have a good idea? Act on it.
At ZL we strive to have a collaborative environment where hard work and creative ideas are valued over rigid hierarchy. We want an environment where people can succeed at the highest level, and we’ve made it easy for our employees to do just that. Our open structure allows ideas to flow freely, enabling anyone to take the initiative and cultivate a project through to fruition.
We empower our employees to pursue their ideas and passions, and as such we ask that candidates be ready to take initiative by facing challenging projects on a regular basis.
We do what any company does: we solve problems every day. But these aren’t your average problems, these are complex problems sized for Fortune 500 companies. Therefore, at ZL we're always looking for unique perspectives and approaches to solving challenging issues.
The nature of our business is multifaceted and varied. One day could be focused on government policy, another day might be a deep dive into the intricacies of analytic software. Tackling these diverse problems requires the desire to constantly expand your knowledge base.
At ZL we strive to maintain an environment full of well-rounded individuals. That's why we don’t focus on titles or hierarchies. Instead, we focus on getting things done. We challenge our team members to take on new roles and projects in order to promote professional growth.
With a customer base full of Fortune 500 companies, team members are expected to regularly communicate with executives at some of the world’s most prestigious organizations. Thus, we require candidates to be mature and comfortable interacting with people at all levels of business.
- Accounting / Operations Manager
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proven work experience as operations manager.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Basic IT skills (databases, MS Office etc).
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- BS degree in Accounting/Economics or any related field.
- Director / VP – Field Sales
- Execute regional sales and marketing plans, programs & campaigns designed to build the sales pipeline, generate leads and accelerate opportunities for the field.
- Develop creative closed loop marketing campaigns to attract the attention of business executives and IT leaders.
- Analyze and assess current efforts and make changes focused on maximizing resources and exceeding target objectives .
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, engineers and other business development managers to identify and act on opportunities of improvement.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales objectives.
- Hire and efficiently onboard new sales reps.
- Manage existing team in a creative, collaborative environment that focuses on innovation, problem solving and high levels of achievement.
- Provide ongoing sales coaching, product training and input into the development of sales enablement tools.
- Document employee performance and conduct quarterly and annual reviews.
- Coordinate regional team building activities and functions.
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to sales engineers, product managers, and technical support staff.
- Communicate directly and craft professional written communications with prospective and existing customers.
- Negotiate various terms of Agreements and Contracts.
- Travel as necessary to attend trade shows and build strong relationships with key decision-makers.
- Close multi-million dollar contracts with large enterprises, including direct sales and utilization of channel partners.
- Expand knowledge of industry, client needs and competitive position of ZL Technologies.
- Prepare activity and forecast reports.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive sales management experience.
- Solid sales and management experience in B2B software organizations focusing on data management, information governance and analytics - currently with a leading-edge organization known for excellence in this arena.
- Experience in a highly diverse and complex environment requiring comprehensive knowledge and proven, successful skill set in managing and developing a sales function within a technical and challenging environment.
- Knowledge of high technology processes and solutions in the global information governance and analytics space.
- Well-developed understanding of data management/control technology, with an expert understanding of selling to executives within some of the world’s most prestigious Fortune 500 companies as well as people at all levels of business.
- Management experience leading an organization focused on performance and results in a fast-growing environment.
- Possess both strategic and tactical dimension and capabilities, and the ability to analyze the market, competitors and company strengths and weaknesses while devising winning sales strategies.
- Successful track record of managing, leading, and developing people; able to enhance the competency, skill base and professional growth of regional sales teams.
- Inside Sales Manager
- Manage all aspects of Inside Sales including but not limited to budget, hiring, training, metrics and quotas.
- Document and manage all processes for the Inside Sales Team.
- Facilitate all training efforts throughout the Inside Sales Team.
- Mentor, coach and offer guidance to the Inside Sales Team on all aspects of their job.
- Work with Marketing Team to strategize and support outreach of sponsored events, initiatives, product campaigns, and strategic accounts.
- Collaborate closely with all functional areas to meet company objectives.
- Implement processes to improve the quality of services provided.
- Partner with Recruiting Team, providing interview support for potential employees with specific respect to sales candidates.
- Participate in the design and organization of metrics for Inside Sales.
- Drive ongoing continuous improvement of Inside Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or equivalent experience in related field.
- 5+ years of experience in inside sales, cold calling and building pipelines.
- Previous supervisory experience required, with at least 1-2 years of supervisory experience in a cold-calling environment.
- Strong PC skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to consistently improve the performance of a department in terms of sales quality and productivity.
- Marketing and Communications
- Creating unique campaigns that capture the attention of viewers
- Authoring collateral and articles that resonate with customers and prospects
- Issuing regular public statements such as press releases, quotes, and media alerts
- Working with partners and affiliates to amplify brand outreach
- Sales & Business Development
- Speaking directly with prospective customers
- Crafting communications with potential business partners
- Nurturing long-term relationships with partners and prospects
- Verbally negotiating various terms of agreements and contracts
- Sales & Solution Engineering
- Providing product demos for prospective clients
- Guiding “deep dives” through product functionality and differentiation
- Attending high-level meetings with the prospect company’s executive teams
- Interpreting highly-technical product components to business audiences
- Strategic Alliance Specialist/ Manager
- Develop, implement, and manage alliance-based offers/relationships with several large strategic alliance partners in support of ZL strategies.
- Lead the development of a joint business plan, value proposition and legal contracts, and gain commitment from stakeholders.
- Manage alliance launch(es) and drive the enablement of the alliance including completing the joint offer, work with partner on developing sales kits, training, and marketing and communications plans.
- Attract qualified alliance partners to participate with ZL on selected initiatives, understand alliance partner needs and partnering drivers, manage and help ensure fulfillment of expectations.
- Support ZL and partner sales team to follow the agreed rules of engagement and guide lead generation and management activities for the joint offer.
- Manage alliance governance though executive contact facilitation, results and operations reviews, and frequent communication between the parties.
- 5+ years of experience in solutions selling and consultative business development; three years of experience managing strategic alliances preferred; information governance experience a definite plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from accredited college/university; MBA desirable.
- Demonstrated success in building and nurturing win-win alliance relationships from planning through execution.
- Advanced alliance management certification such as Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals CAAM or CSAP preferred.
- Strong networking and influence management skills that translate into building commitment and driving actions across organizational boundaries; ability to work well with sales organization.
- Highly credible communicator with excellent organization and project management skills and track record of delivering results.
- Adaptability and flexibility in the face of changing circumstances; natural curiosity and ability to both listen well and delve to the fundamental business drivers.
Accounting / Operations Manager
We are looking for a professional Accounting / Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate all organization’s operations. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
Director / VP – Field Sales
This vital role is responsible for driving the adoption of data management and control with ZL Technologies’ fully scalable information governance and analytics solutions. Among the duties of this position are: nurturing long-term relationships with Fortune 500 companies across the globe; developing & executing regional sales strategies; empowering high-performing sales teams; and, ensuring all sales targets are consistently met and/or exceeded.
EducationBA/BS/MS degree in related field.
Inside Sales Manager
We are a tech startup company seeking someone who will proactively manage and lead the Inside Sales Team. You will be responsible for qualified lead generation for our Field Sales Representatives, manage metrics, quotas, and reporting for the Inside Sales team.
Marketing and Communications
Sales & Business Development
Sales & Solution Engineering
Strategic Alliance Specialist/ Manager
Business Title: Strategic Alliance Manager Location: Milpitas, CA
Description Based in Silicon Valley, ZL Technologies (ZL) is an industry leader in enterprise governance and analytics software. ZL Unified Archive (ZL UA) is the industry’s most comprehensive information governance solution, combining eDiscovery, Compliance, Records Management, Storage Optimization and Analytics under one unified system. ZL’s ability to provide such a unique offering is rooted in its history, its dedication to the corporate vision and its commitment to attracting and retaining high caliber talent.
- Product Development (Milpitas, CA)
- Expanding product functionality via proactive, collaborative coding
- Working with existing customers to build out requested functionality
- Forging new and exciting features for an enterprise-class product
- Collaborating with executive-level leadership to shape development strategy
- Product Support, Quality Assurance & Customer Success (Milpitas, CA)
- Stress-testing the product before software releases are made available to customers
- Proactively communicating with customers to ensure the product is exceeding requirements
- Training customers on how to effectively use both basic and advanced features of the product
- Escalating any technical bugs or issues reported by customers to the proper parties
- Solution Engineering & Product Management (Milpitas, CA)
- Mastery of product features and UI in order to help customers
- Guiding demos and technical aspects of sales calls
- Helping shape long-term product strategy and roadmap
- Assisting customer end-users navigate technical documentation
Product Development (Milpitas, CA)
Product Support, Quality Assurance & Customer Success (Milpitas, CA)
Solution Engineering & Product Management (Milpitas, CA)
IT & Support
- IT Support Technician (Milpitas, CA)
- Install OS on laptops, workstations, Virtual Machines & Servers
- Perform BIOS update, firmware update & device driver updates
- Troubleshooting technical issues with Laptops, workstations, mobile/wireless devices
- Help Senior IT staff in cloud operations support
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- IT/System/Networks background
- Familiar with server/computer and networking technologies
- Familiar with Windows and Linux OS
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Help desk experience
- Attention to details
- Ability to quickly learn and scale
- Network & Systems Administrator (Milpitas, CA)
- Responsible for administrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting our cloud and customer infrastructure
- Configuring and managing large scale application infrastructure
- Configuring database and performing SQL queries
- Managing and providing technical solutions for email archiving product using Microsoft messaging technologies including Exchange Server and Active Directory
- Running Web applications using standard application server technology
- Configuring and securing networks for both internal and external threats
- Troubleshooting customer systems in a production environment to determine issues and provide solutions
- Three careers available
- Technical Support Engineer (Milpitas, CA)
- eDiscovery & Litigation
- Records & Information Lifecycle Management
- SEC/Regulatory Demands
- Internal Investigations
- Business Intelligence
- Protection of Sensitive Information
- Japanese/English bilingual (Required)
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Email (Exchange and/or Domino) server experience preferred
- Database, network knowledge helpful
- Unix/Linux knowledge helpful
- Hadoop, Big Data management knowledge helpful
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 4-year university degree in Computer Science, engineering, or similar field experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbally
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, self-starter, team player
- Time management skills
- Experience in enterprise software (preferred)
- A working VISA support may be available depending on the academic criteria
IT Support Technician (Milpitas, CA)
ZL Technologies, Inc. is looking for candidates who will be responsible as a Junior IT/Systems support Engineer (Tier 1 & 2). This position will encompass supporting internal & remote users for day to day operational technical issues, trouble shooting and escalating issues to senior IT members. As a Tier 1 & 2 IT/Systems Support, you will perform duties and roles including, but not limited to:
Network & Systems Administrator (Milpitas, CA)
REQUIREMENTSMaster’s degree or equivalent plus three (3) years of experience. Please send resume to: ZL Technologies, Inc., 860 N. McCarthy Blvd. Suite 100 Milpitas, CA 95035, Attn: Human Resources
Technical Support Engineer (Milpitas, CA)
CUSTOMER SUPPORTResponsibilities include working with ZL customers in the USA and Japan to solve any problems that arise within the software; proactively engaging customers in training sessions; building relationships with ZL’s customers & going the extra mile to ensure their success, developing customer trust and satisfaction, expanding ZL’s presence at existing customers.
- Application & Dev Ops Support Engineers (Sr/Jr Levels)(Hyderabad/India)
- Planning and implementation of ZL application deployment on Windows/Linux infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and provide support for application issues reported
- Perform upgrades, patching and hotfix deployment on an as-needed basis
- Good experience in application infrastructure deployment and management
- Working knowledge of Networking and AD
- Database querying experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and log analysing skills
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Process documentation and Orientation
- Customer interaction experience
- Experience on monitoring tools
- Shell and PowerShell scripting
- Core Java or similar programming languages
- Basic knowledge of storage technologies
- Product Assurance Engineer
- Responsible for performing functional software testing for projects such as data migration from legacy systems onto ZL servers using Java, C#, SQL, JSP and other technologies;
- conducting new customer on-boarding and user acceptance testing;
- working on quality assurance and testing projects such as designing test plans for different cases to ensure that the product works as designed;
- interacting with customers to understand their requirements and translate them to the Product Management/Implementation team for development; and
- handling scoping and planning of customized software upgrades and deployments.
- Job location: Milpitas, CA
- This position requires a Master’s degree or the equivalent plus two (2) years of experience.
- Resume by mail to ZL Technologies, Inc., 860 N. McCarthy Blvd., Suite 100, Milpitas, CA 95035. Attn: HR
- Software Engineer(Milpitas, CA)
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve ZL Unified Archive software suite.
- Analyze existing system architecture and implement solutions to overcome weaknesses and shortcomings.
- Develop models to evaluate system performance and improve runtime efficiency of software systems.
- Perform root cause analysis and identify critical issues in complex networked systems.
- Apply statistical techniques and mathematical formulations to incorporate big data analytics software features.
- Research and integrate open source technologies to develop cutting edge software solutions.
- Understand client requirements and implement customizations in the solution.
- Work as part of a dynamic team collaborating closely with various cross-functional product teams.
- Worksite: Milpitas, CA
- Master’s degree or the equivalent.
- No experience required
- Resume by mail to ZL Technologies, Inc., 860 N. McCarthy Blvd., Suite 100, Milpitas, CA 95035. Attn: HR.
- Systems Analyst(Milpitas, CA)
- Achieve expert level end-to-end understanding of the ZL Unified Archive product suite.
- Partner with prospects and clients to understand complex technical architecture/infrastructure, identify their unique business needs, and develop customized implementation solutions per usability requirements.
- Plan, deploy, and configure ZL Enterprise Analytics suite for clients, and advocate deployment best practices/methodologies for search engine optimization.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of technical support cases during UAT phase.
- Duties include code investigations, access server logs, executing SQL queries.
- Coordinate with engineering teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product defects.
- Develop test cases and assist in software quality assurance.
- Communicate client requirements and feedback to product management and engineering teams.
- Participate in design review meetings with engineering teams to provide insight on product roadmap to clients.
- Mentor and collaborate with Technical Support and Client Success teams.
- Worksite: Milpitas, CA
- Master’s degree or the equivalent.
- 2 years of experience required
- Resume by mail to ZL Technologies, Inc., 860 N. McCarthy Blvd., Suite 100, Milpitas, CA 95035. Attn: HR
Application & Dev Ops Support Engineers (Sr/Jr Levels)(Hyderabad/India)
Good to have Skills:
Product Assurance Engineer
Published Date: May 31, 2017