Published by: Marketwired
Newest Product Developments Focus on the Unique Processing Needs of Massive-Scale Deployments and the Immense Potential of Unstructured Data Analytics
SAN JOSE, CA – February 12, 2015 ZL Technologies, Inc. (ZL), the leader in unified information governance for enterprise unstructured Big Data, has announced the formal availability of version 8.0.1 of its flagship product, ZL Unified Archive® (ZL UA). The unique, single-platform approach provides the large enterprise a comprehensive system for all archiving, eDiscovery, compliance and supervision, records management, and storage requirements while building an unparalleled foundation of governed data for leverage in analytics.
Effective data management is a pre-requisite to meaningful data analysis. ZL UA’s approach to consolidating data resources into an aggregated pool of single data copies provides a revolutionary foundation for application of unstructured analytics within the living business environment. While competing solutions create or attempt to integrate disparate “silos” of data, ZL UA takes a unified approach by eliminating siloed architecture and ensuring that only one data copy is stored, retention policies are coordinated, and one consistent search is performed.
The newest release of ZL UA incorporates several key advancements: including many in direct response to the needs of existing Fortune 500 customers, and many designed to optimize the future strategic leverage of unstructured business content via analytics.
- ZL ZooKeeper Service: New distributed coordination and configuration management service helps massive deployments manage and process Big Data with unmatched security and ease. System monitoring tools, one-step disaster recovery, and streamlined server configuration optimize the world’s largest unstructured data environments.
- ZL Discovery Manager: ZL custodian collection offers the tools to perform ad-hoc collections during the eDiscovery early case assessment (ECA) process in addition to analyzing the proactively-processed data already in the archive. Enhanced features in custodian preservations and workflows help slash redundancy for large firms facing frequent litigation.
- ZL Records Manager: New policy engines allow for expanded automation of records management classification, utilizing custom email and file attributes, lexicons, and more to tackle massive-scale classification with both granularity and ease. Faster Microsoft SharePoint crawl speeds help rein in the potential sprawl of collaborative environments.
- ZL End User Mailbox: Tools allow end users to manage and delete data from their personal view of the archive, while still providing legal, compliance, and records admins full control over lifecycle management of data. Calendar item search enhancements and Label View for Google Mail (Gmail) help users find the items they need with maximum efficiency.
- Data Capture: ZL UA 8.0.1 continues to actively expand on the data types supported for capture including Gmail calendars and tasks, OCR conversion policies, cloud-based Microsoft SharePoint capture, expanded Office 365 support, and more.
- System Administration: Optimization of ZL data processing and updates to task management further enhance the scalability of the ZL UA platform.
- High Performance Big Data API: ZL’s high performance API kit provides programmatic access to an organization’s information using simple, powerful, and secure application programming interfaces, allowing the business to adapt data collection as needed.
“Information governance and information analytics are not two distinct business needs; they are fundamentally intertwined,” remarked Kon Leong, CEO of ZL Technologies. “As large businesses look to leverage unstructured content such as emails and files for analytics, they increasingly discover that disparate architecture stands in their way. ZL Technologies has long held that a unified approach maximizes the value of data, and our most recent product developments remain true to that visionary commitment.”