Published by: ZL Tech
Latest Release of ZL Unified Archive® Breaks New Ground in Functionality and Performance
SAN JOSE, CA – Dec. 15, 2011 ZL Technologies, Inc., a leader in enterprise information archiving solutions for large enterprises, announced today it has earned a coveted spot in the “Visionaries” segment of Gartner’s annual Magic Quadrant review of key vendors in the enterprise information archiving space.
“It’s an important move for ZL Technologies to be recognized for the visionary nature of our product and our unique architecture that bring together all the archiving applications, sold today as fragmented silos, into one seamless unified platform which offers one data copy, one control point for retention policy and one true view of the data across the enterprise,” said ZL CEO Kon Leong. “Our Unified Archive solution has already been adopted by some of the world’s top banking institutions, manufacturers and other large enterprises with extremely demanding archiving requirements and involving many billions of documents per repository. We expect to widen the performance gap even further in the coming year.”
The Unified Archive platform provides a highly scalable grid-based architecture for archiving all unstructured data across the enterprise into one unified system capable of handling many billions of documents. Its ability to consolidate all archiving applications into one seamless archive provides these key benefits: over fifty percent operating cost reductions over competing solutions, due to storage and processing efficiencies; dramatically faster processing speeds; and truly integrated performance. Unified Archive’s integrated applications include eDiscovery, records management, regulatory compliance and storage management.
Additional Unifed Archive capabilities include:
- ”In-place” indexing capabilities, where data is indexed in situ, but not copied to the archive, thus saving storage costs
- On-premise or cloud deployment options, with strategic partners such as Sungard
- True end-to-end eDiscovery, without moving any data between processes and eDiscovery tools
- A complete range of eDiscovery functions, such as records management, identification, preservation, collection, processing, analysis, review, redaction and production
- One-time handling of client-attorney material and redactions, whereby all metadata is retained so that, if the same document is retrieved for a later case, there is no need to repeat the expensive process
To help users migrate to Unified Archive from non-performing archives, the solution supports direct migration of legacy data from other proprietary archive systems, including Symantec’s Enterprise Vault, EMC Legato’s EmailXtender and Autonomy’s EAS and CAMM, which can result in migration speeds up to ten times faster than traditional methods.
“The large enterprises face daunting challenges in long-term management of these mountains of unstructured content buried in e-mails and files. They need solutions which can scale to manage many billions of records in a unified platform,” Leong said. “While few deployments of this size have succeeded in the past, ZL already has a proven track record in solving these scaling challenges today in many of the Fortune 500.”
For more information about ZL Technologies’ Unified Archive solution, visit dev.zlti.com.