ZL Tech is seeking a Systems Engineer in Vancouver, Canada, to be responsible for the design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the IT Infrastructure of external customer environments, including network connectivity and utilization, server administration, virtualization, performance, DR/BCP, and backups.
They will need to ensure that systems are highly available, fault-tolerant and scalable. They will be able to identify and resolve highly technical problems within ITIL frameworks. They will need to create and maintain documentation of client networks and systems. In day-to-day operations, they will provide support for escalated trouble tickets and priority incidents.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified with systems and networks. Will act as an escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 Managed Services support technicians.
- Create, request, and present technical specifications and requirements for provisioning or purchase of equipment.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, security concerns etc. using available tools in a timely fashion.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage, networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, virtualization, backup and disaster recovery, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration, cloud infrastructure, services and performance.
- Assist with monthly reports, and recommendations for Managed Services Clients.
- Interface with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
- At least 3 years of prior IT technical experience.
- Experience in network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with Windows Servers, VMware, Storage Technologies, Azure, AWS.
- Ideally have certifications in Microsoft cloud/Amazon cloud/VCP/CCNA or similar.
- Domain knowledge and experience preferred in any one or more areas of information governance, such as compliance, e-discovery, records management, privacy or analytics.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- The ability to assimilate and present complex value propositions in exciting new high-growth market segments, such as information governance, privacy and unstructured data analytics.
- Self-motivation and resilience.
- A creative and results-oriented mindset