ZL Tech is seeking a Systems Engineer in Vancouver, Canada, to manage and monitor enterprise level application and infrastructure to ensure high system availability, as well as diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
This person will analyze application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and works with developers to implement those fixes. This role serves as the liaison between high impact clients and internal teams.
- Ensure Application services is providing the required service to clients.
- Monitor, acknowledge and respond to emails and tickets.
- Perform and improve system health checks.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Provide application support and carry out initial analysis of issues
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Follow the ITIL workflow (change management, incident management, problem management)
- A strong understanding of general IT Support
- At least 3 years of experiences in IT technical role/s
- Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Understanding of domain services such as Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS
- Understanding of computer systems including storage, database and virtualization
- Experience with SQL Databases, including creating and running queries
- Experience in providing application support
- Ability to analyze logs and correlate information to perform quality debugging
- BS/BSc in computer science, IT, or related fields