We are looking for a Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the Product Managers and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- 2-3+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale (distributed) system architecture, complex software design, high scalability and availability, optimization, etc.
- Extensive experience with UI technologies, defining visions/solutions and collaborating/driving to see them to completion
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
This position requires the hire to be available during core business hours, with some additional outside hours to coordinate with other global teams.
This position will be performed in an office setting when possible and remote as required by local regulations.