The Software Architect position in ZL’s Development team is a combined architectural design, technical leadership, and hands-on development role that contributes to ZL’s success through expertise in large-scale distributed system. You will leverage matured existing systems to help design and create the next generation service architecture. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, software system architecture and design, development process and best practices, distributed computing, and high availability.
Your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
- Helping define the vision of our next generation application architecture.
- Leading and driving cross-team and platform-level initiatives and projects.
- Discovering opportunities in integrated/converged platforms, systems and resources, and lead to realize it.
- Collaborating in design and implementation of our next-generation service-oriented architecture stack that will power all services in our ecosystem.
- Designing and implement features evolving our Analytics product offerings.
- Scaling up and tune our ad serving pipeline for better performance, reliability, and throughput. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, extremely low latency requirement, and computational efficiency.
- Troubleshooting critical production issues and provide technical insights.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale (distributed) system architecture, complex software design, high scalability and availability, optimization, etc.
- Active Hands-on coding experience with Java or C# is a must.
- Extensive experience with technical leadership, defining visions/solutions and collaborating/driving to see them to completion.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms.
- A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS/MTech/PhD preferred.
- Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring.
- Experience with related open source technologies such as Tomcat, Lucene, Zookeeper, Kafka, Netty, NoSQL DBs, etc. is a plus.
- Experience building REST based API, microservices architecture, Docker and Kubernetes is a strong plus.
- Knowledge in big data and cloud technologies is a strong plus.
- Working with Data pipelines, ETL or ELT, experience in data mapping is a strong plus.
- A strong plus is an understanding and working knowledge of Analytics, machine learning, natural language processing or AI related tools, algorithms and technologies.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix/Windows operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborate with business and lead developers to ensure clarity of requirements. Lead design review sessions to ensure compliance with development, platform and security standards
- Provide strong hands-on technical expertise performing development of platform framework components
- Identify opportunities for and contribute to improvements in standards, and processes to support a continuous improvement appropriately
- Adhering to ZL methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
- Lead the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality and timeliness of work.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with stakeholders and articulate ideas and
This position requires availability during core business hours, with some additional hours to coordinate with other global teams.
As needed by the business. Expected to be minimal.
This position will be performed in an office setting when possible and remote as required by local regulations.