We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product leadership in unstructured data and help develop insights gained from analyzing company’s unstructured data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company’s plethora of unstructured data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis and building Machine learning models with unstructured data.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python etc) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, regression, artificial neural networks etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience with index/search (Lucene, ElasticSearch, Solr etc)
- Experience in working with BI Tools like Tableau.
- Experience with related open-source technologies such as Tomcat, Lucene, Zookeeper, Kafka, Netty, NoSQL DBs, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge in big data and cloud technologies is a strong plus.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix/Windows operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
This position requires the hire to be available during core business hours, with some additional outside hours to coordinate with other global teams.
This position will be performed in an office setting when possible and remote as required by local regulations.