ZL Unified Archive® leverages its unified architecture to enable massive scaling to manage tens of billions of documents with advanced search capabilities which can intelligently mine practically all human communications contained within the enterprise. We call this fundamental concept Corporate eMemory®. It allows the enterprise to convert its existing IT assets into a strategic resource – to harness all the collective knowledge and memories of its employees, past and present, across the enterprise.
Combine 3 Worlds of Data for Unmatched Indsight
The insights derived from Big Data analytics tools are only as useful as the data the tools are fed. At ZL, we believe comprehensive information governance must be the foundation for an effective approach to analytics. This information governance-focused framework, combined with ZL Enterprise Analytics™, allows the business to analyze across the spectrum of various data types.
Combine multiple data types for multiplicative benefit:
- Human Data: emails, files, IMs, calendar entries, social media, and other human communication
- Business Data: mixed and/or hosted data sources such as CRM platforms and ERP data
- Machine Data: pure machine data such as event logs and server activities
Analyzing any one of these data categories in isolation is helpful, but it’s not the whole picture. ZL Enterprise Analytics™ harnesses the power of all internal enterprise data sources, and analyzes them in concert all within the elastic ZL Unified Archive®. This massively integrative approach reveals significant patterns that would have otherwise been overlooked, even by best-of-breed point solutions.
With Big Data volumes, varieties, and velocity only increasing in the enterprise, organizations have been adopting new technologies to accommodate these steep demands. NoSQL technologies have made massive-scale analysis of multiple big data types possible, but there is still an important role for traditional relational databases to play. While NoSQL is perfect for storing diverse and complex datasets, it cannot handle these volumes and varieties without the indexing and structural support of more traditional databases. When built together, NoSQL and relational databases can effectively process, store and be the foundation of a near-infinitely scalable analytics solution, offering previously unimaginable insights at vast volumes and unparalleled speeds.
Unified architecture allows analytics to be brought to the existing corpus of managed enterprise data, rather than relying on haphazard data collection and tedious import/export of content. Sampling and lag-time issues related to outdated data are abolished, because all analysis is conducted on a living data environment which is up-to-date and inherently “clean” due to elimination of duplicates.
Immediate Benefits, Endless Use CasesZL UA with ZL Enterprise Analytics™ is unique in providing defensive governance for compliance, legal, and risk departments while providing offensive, profit-driving analysis for groups in marketing, sales, etc. Slash risk by consolidating control for legal, compliance, and records management requirements while also leveraging data for analysis and competitive advantage. With ZL, Big Data analytics can be as big as the imagination. Some example use cases include:
- Productivity and Efficiency: What are the existing work-flows in the enterprise? Where are the bottlenecks? What can be improved?
- Trends and Topics: What are customers or employees discussing the most? What’s “trending?”
- Customer Service: What is the emotional tone of customer service communications? Are customers more satisfied over time?
- Identification of Expertise: Who’s the best employee for the project? Who has unsung skills that can be better put to use?
- Communicative Networks: Who knows whom? What relationships are the strongest? Which salesperson has existing connections with a new prospect?
- Cross-Data Analysis: Do decreases in transaction frequency correlate with customer complaints? Do CRM use patterns correlate with a salesperson’s long-term performance?
- Security and Investigation: Is there unusual server activity? Does it correlate with other red flags, such as compliance triggers?
- Much, much, more: Query an entire world of enterprise data activity, in a matter of seconds.
ZL Enterprise Analytics™ lets you re-analyze everything you thought you knew about analytics. Contact ZL today for more info on how it can help your business unearth new potential.