Hammer pants are excessively poof-y trousers that are purpose-built for emphatic funky-fresh dancing. They were popularized in the late 1980s by hip hop artist MC Hammer, who donned these flashy pantaloons in his famous 1990 “U Can’t Touch This” music video. Prominent fashion historians are in unanimous agreement that harem pants—an article of clothing introduced to the Western world in the early 20th century—heavily influenced the design of hammer pants. However, there is an ongoing debate between certain academic circles over the distinction between ‘hammer pants’ and ‘parachute pants.’ While some factions make no particular distinction between the two, others assert that parachute pants are tighter-fitting than their hammer-esque counterparts. Thus the dispute rages on.
The previous paragraph, though mildly entertaining, is – of course -- not relevant in the ZL blogosphere. You have wasted time by reading about a tacky (but arguably practical) fashion trend. This loss of time is unfortunate, as you may have planned to spend your time doing something productive, such as learning about a stellar Information Governance solution. But don’t fret, as the useless content stops here.
Or does it? Useless content, colloquially known as spam, is an issue faced by the compliance teams of many large-scale organizations. Compliance reviewers have the crucial task of monitoring and reviewing messages to comply with a great deal of federal regulations and internal governance policies, such as SEC, HIPAA, and FERC. Fortunately for our clients, ZL Technologies’ Compliance Manager module has a highly-customizable compliance system that is capable of filtering spam and other unnecessary content from compliance review, allowing compliance reviewers to focus on what is important: monitoring relevant communications in a defensible & efficient manner.
Let’s take a look at minimalistic compliance solutions. Several products in the market offer little beyond the simple ability to select a percentage of messages to flag for compliance managers to review. Although this gives compliance managers the ability to adhere to basic requirements in select federal regulations, this also means that compliance reviewers spend unnecessary time browsing through non-threatening emails. Steve’s latest LinkedIn notification & Bonnie’s fantasy football updates clearly present little risk to the enterprise, yet many so-called “solutions” struggle or fail to make this distinction.
The ZL Compliance Manager module empowers compliance officers to customize the reviewer experience according to specific use cases and needs. Its flexible lexicon engine supports generation of keyword, phrase, wildcard, pattern, and metadata-based rules. This means that emails with specific signatures, disclaimers, or taglines do not make it to compliance review. More specifically, reviewers will not have to read about Janet’s impressively high Delta bonus miles, Fred’s recent order on Amazon, or Mary’s inheritance of $10 million from a long-lost relative.
Adoption of ZL’s compliance solution reduces review workload by 90% by filtering out false positives and spam. The remaining 10% of work is spent actually reviewing potentially non-compliant communications, the very reason an enterprise purchases a compliance solution. All this considered, the ZL Compliance Manager is efficient, defensible, and – some might say -- Too Legit to Quit*
*song by MC Hammer, for the uninitiated